22nd February 2018: Highclere Castle will host its annual Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday 1st April 2018 in aid of the NSPCC, the children’s charity which helps rebuild the lives of children who have been abused and find the best ways of preventing abuse in the future.
The day starts with a trail through Highclere Castle’s gardens and woodland, finding clues en-route and culminates with each child winning an Easter Egg. Other activities on the day include an Easter Bonnet Parade, a bouncy castle as well as Easter-themed games on the lawns.
Pre-booking of adult tickets is advised, the adult garden ticket is £7 per person which gives access to the Easter Egg Hunt, gardens and grounds, tea rooms and gift shop. It is suggested that each child gives a donation to the NSPCC on the day. The Easter Egg Trail will run from 11.00 am to 3.00 pm and the Easter Bonnet Parade will begin at 2.30 pm.
Visitors will be able to visit the Castle or Egyptian Exhibition if they would like to upgrade their ticket on the day, subject to availability. Highclere Castle’s "Afternoon Tea at the Coach House" is not available with this event ticket. However, the Tea Rooms will be open from 9:30am until 5pm, serving light lunches, snacks, cakes and scones, whilst hot dinners are also served between 12noon and 2pm. Tickets are available via https://highclerecastleshop.co.uk/categories/easter-egg-hunt
For further information, please contact email@example.com, 07711 157655.
Highclere Castle details
- Highclere Castle is a country house in the Jacobethan style by the architect Charles Barry, with a park designed by Capability Brown. The 5,000-acre estate is in Hampshire, England, about 5 miles south of Newbury, Berkshire.
- The Highclere Estate farms just over 2,000 arable acres in Hampshire. Crops include oats for horse (and human) consumption, milling and feed wheat, barley, haylage and winter oil seed rape, linseed and winter beans.
- Highclere Castle was the venue for the award winning TV series Downton Abbey.
- Read Lady Carnarvon’s blog www.ladycarnarvon.com
- Lady Carnarvon tours both the UK and the US giving talks and presentations about Highclere, heritage and anecdotes to bring historic stories alive.
- Lady Carnarvon has written various illustrated Guidebooks about the Castle and its history as well as two short books about Egypt and the discovery of the tomb of Tutankhamen.
- Twitter @HighclereCastle