Now in its 21st year, the Accrington Food Festival is set to be the biggest and the best to date! Taking place on Saturday 2nd June from 10am – 4pm, Accrington will come alive in a flurry of fantastic fun for people to enjoy the wonderful worldwide flavours and exciting entertainment on offer.
Keen to reproduce the success of previous years and hoping to top last year’s visitor total of 14,000 people, organisers, Scott Dawson Advertising, will be pulling out all the stops to ensure a delightful day is had by all.
- Over 60 food and drinks stalls with wonderful worldwide flavours.
- Celebrity chef and food fest favourite, Richard Fox, will be returning to Accrington for his fourth year to do some cooking demonstrations of a signature dish - Black Pudding Quails Scotch Egg.
- True to form, the annual World War II re-enactment to commemorate D-Day will also be taking place in St. James Church grounds.
- Various activities will be taking place for children on the day including a cupcake decorating session with students from Accrington and Rossendale College and Hands-on Science will be running FREE 10-minute Hands-on science demonstrations every hour, on the hour!
- Accrington and Rossendale College have been experimenting in their college to provide visitors with a unique opportunity to try Accrington Caviar!
This year’s event has three gold sponsors – Duckworths Estate Agents, Accrington and Rossendale College and Quality Solicitors Acklam Bond. All based in Accrington, the sponsors are three of the most important ingredients to make the food festival a recipe for roaring success.