Situated in Poole, Dorset, Compton Acres is highly regarded as one of the country’s finest privately owned historic gardens, this summer Compton Acres is challenging families to follow in the footsteps of Alice and the Mad Hatter to a spectacular Alice in Wonderland themed planting display at the Harbour View Cafe.
Providing a fun day out for the little ones, families can explore 10 acres of gardens en route for the Harbour View Café. Inspired by Lewis Carroll’s famous children’s book, the horticultural display includes favourite characters from the tale surrounded by a wide variety of multicoloured flowers and foliage.
Here families can admire views across Poole Harbour, Brownsea Island and the Purbeck Hills beyond. Harbour View Café offers a wide selection of sandwiches, paninis and quiches as well as freshly made cakes, scones. Enjoy your refreshments and look out for the recycled features nestling amongst the flowers, such as the caterpillar with “wellies” on, the fob watch and of course “Once upon a time”. The floral red and white check table cloth uses small flowered begonias. Immerse yourself into the world of Alice with a Tea Party fit for the Mad Hatter himself.
Featuring a unique layout and design, Compton Acres has five distinct gardens laid out in a circular route like jewels in a necklace. The Italian, Japanese, Heather, Rock & Water and Wooded Valley Gardens showcase over 3000 native and exotic plants species.
Compton Acres is also home to a separate Café & Tearooms, a Plant Centre and Gift Shop, in addition to The Italian Villa wedding venue. As a result, it provides a full day family experience, making it one of the South West’s must-visit tourist attractions.
The annual membership provides great savings for those who like to visit Compton Acres all year round.
Annual membership includes:
- 10% discount on purchases made in our Ticket and Gift Shop, (offer excludes Gifted Moments Shop).
- 10 % discount on purchases made in our Plant Centre
- 10% discount on food and drink in our Café Tea Rooms
- Half price garden entry to guests of members (up to 4 adults).
- • Family Membership £85.00 (2 Adults and up to 3 children)
- • Single Adult Family Membership £65.00 (1 Adult and up to 3 children)
- • Single Adult Membership £35.00
- View all of our Special Offers here