Cycling Into The Unexpected, Memoirs Publishing (£12.99)
Win a hilariously honest travel guide by entering our latest book competition. Cyclist Fran Adams has written an account of her experiences on the road with her family – and best-selling novelist Katie Fforde describes it as, "Entertaining and inspiring – full of courage and comedy".
Fran Adams and her family have been travelling abroad on two wheels for more than 30 years, and their adventures have ranged from getting shipwrecked in a mountain torrent to straying on to a Spanish motorway and getting stuck on a precipice, along with one or two painful road accidents and of course, frequently getting lost in the middle of nowhere. This is a collection of fond memories of Fran's cycling adventures with her partner and sons in England, Wales, France, Spain and Italy.
Fran, who also wrote Travels On The Breadline in 2013, describes the beautifully scenic but not-necessarily painless journeys with great humour and spirit. She details a few painful accidents and injuries as well as the map mishaps which she and her family have encountered while riding on overloaded bicycles through Europe – on a tight budget.
Fran was born in Leicestershire and studied interior design in Nottingham. She joined Stroud Cycling Club in 1981 and is now a keen member of the University of the 3rd Age.
To be in with a chance of winning our copy of Cycling Into The Unexpected, enter the Rafflecopter contest here:
*The administrator of this competition is Whats on Where to Go magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 29th June 2018.
* The prize is Cycling Into The Unexpected book collection. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on ‘Cycling Into The Unexpected book collection’ information. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winner will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.